Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hello Sunny Florida

I don't mean to make anyone jealous, but oh my gosh, I was in the swimming pool at 10 a.m this morning here in sunny Florida. What a joy to basking in the warmth of summer in the middle of February. Gosh, I love touring LOL

We opened in Tampa tonight to an amazing sold out hour of 2500 screaming fans. It's so fun to be a part of such a hit show. The support the audience and the fans show us is remarkable. And for you big Wicked fans who know every line of our show, you're in for a treat in the coming weeks cuz they are making some changes to the show. So in another month or so, check us out again and see if you can find the changes and rewrites in the script! Don't worry, Elphaba will still be flying high every nigth! And hey, let's hear it for the Los Angeles company of Wicked. They had their opening night tonight! And my friend Linda Kerns (who I did Beauty and the Beast with in Los Angeles several years ago) is playing my roles in that company!What a small world.

5 comments:

Ally said...

I've seen the show twice in Tampa (and I live in Orlando lol) and it was fantastic. Thank you so much for putting on such an amazing show. I hope to be able to see it again!

Unknown said...

I just saw Wicked for my second time yesterday, Sunday Feb. 25th, at 2:00pm at TBPAC. Everyone did amazing! You did great! I hope I can get a chance to meet you sometime! My dream is to also be in Wicked sometime soon, I'm 14 years old-turning 15 May 22nd! I want to make it big someday soon with my acting and dancing and by then my singing should be amazing since I'm taking voice lessons.
Once again... thanks for the entertainment! You did fabulous! Can't wait to see it again next year!

Anonymous said...

I just saw the show last night in Tampa. It was...supercalifragalisticexpealadocious. Well..except for the part when I was the VERY last person to leave the theatre on account of my lack of a cab. >_< Anyhow, I'd LOVE to see it again sometime (doubtful due to the great number of thespians we have here in Florida) and talk to you!
Have a fantastic time here in Florida. [If you get a chance, swing by the Mellow Mushroom down on Fowler or something....Muy excelent pizza...]

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to introduce myself since I have been reading your blog for some time now. I'm Cordi, and I love the updates on the show. I am hoping to be on the road myself someday (must finally get out of school first) and it is neat to read descriptions of what it is like. I am heading to Tampa to see ya'll tomorrow and I can't wait. It will be my first time, though I pretty much know the show inside and out, and I am taking a group of friends with me, some alreadly Wicked convert and some who I am sure will be by the end of the night. We will be sure to Stagedoor, and I hope to see you there.

Break a leg!

Cordi

PS: Enjoy the Florida weather. It changed just in time for ya'll to enjoy it. :)

Susan H said...

I have tickets for Friday, March 2nd, at Tampa, and I haven't been able to sleep as the day comes closer. I purchased my tickets almost a year ago, to make sure I didn't miss out this time. Got caught with too much sun (hey, I LIVE in Florida, we always have sun) and now will be watching WICKED with sun poisoning blotches big enough to keep me in hiding (but I will NOT miss this show, no matter what. Just pretend that I'm one of the Animals.....) Since I rather look like the mother of a cowardly lion......