Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What We Do On The Road





I get a lot of question about what we do on the road as we travel around the country. Of course it's fun to explore each city you go to and there are always great things to see and do. But to fill idle time (like between scenes in the show) or between shows on a double show day, I've taken up Oragami...well, "Bugagami" to be precise. I like to to make bugs. This was a delightful gift from my boyfriend who knows how much I love bugs. At first, I couldn't make a single thing. i didn't understand the folds and was known to throw many unfinished Bugagami attempts at the wall, screaming loudly "This is stupid!" LOL

But alas, I've been able to create some very simple bugs and critters for your enjoyment.

Here is a snake, a tadpole (?), a grasshopper (with no head cuz I couldn't do that fold correctly) and a cicada (whatever that is). I'm sad to say these are my best works...it's a good thing I have talent in other areas cuz I don't think you're gonna see me at the International Oragami Festival LOL But what I have learned by doing Bugagami is the true genius it takes to actually COME UP WITH THESE DESIGNS. It's hard enough to follow the instructions. But, to think that someone had to design it first it truly amazing. All of these were made with a simple 5 x 5 piece of paper. Pretty cool.

No comments: