Friday, March 30, 2007

Howdy Houston


I guess now that I'm in Houston, I need to ask "How y'all doin?" and kick my boots in the air.

Well, We're'all doin' fine down here at the Hobby center in Humid Houston. They certainly seem to be Happy people down here. Mostly, Houston is Huge and you need a full tank of gas to get from one Hill to the next, cuz there aren't none to be found. BUT, no complaints here. We're rehearsal free!!! After several weeks of rehearsals pretty much everyday...we've finally got some time to rest and relax. This morning though I did a press event with Josh Lamon (who I've already raved about in this blog). It was for one of the top radio stations in Houston where we got to meet 50 Wicked fan winners, answer questions, pose for photos, etc. It was great fun and photos will be posted soon. I love to do press events. People are always so excited to meet you and it's a chance for us as actors to say thanks to our fans and also to pass on some (hopefully) inspiration to young actors who'd like to be in Wicked. By the way, for those of you who read my blog and are indeed interested in pursing a career as an actor, can I do some shameless self promotion here and say...get my book The Organized Actor! You can find it at theatrical bookstores, universities and on my website www.organizedactor.com.

Anyway, here's a cute shot of me and Josh...more photos of the press event to come.

We've had lots of excitement at Wicked lately, with several understudies going on and doing a bang-up job of it! Coleen Sexton our Elphaba standby rocks! Geoff Packard and Marcie Dodd made their debuts as Fiyero and Nessarose respectively and Laura Woyasz went on a few times recently as Glinda. It's always fun to see understudies go on because each person brings something special to the roles. What an incredibly talented bunch of people are in this show! HOpefully soon, I'll be on as Madame Morrible too...keep checkin' back. I'll have pictures when I do go on!!!

Till next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Houston! By the way, I PROMISE we don't all talk like that... it's just the ones that get on TV after tornadoes and hurricanes hit that make the rest of us look bad haha! You're right, though... Houston is quite ginormous and it takes forever to get anywhere.

Anyway, I've already seen the show twice (for my fifth and sixth times, total) since it's been here and have tickets to five more performances. You guys are seriously an amazing cast, and you do so much with the Midwife role in such a small amount of time! The tenderness you show with the baby... it just rocks rather hard, to be honest. Thanks to all of you for putting forth your amazing talent for us every day and hope you enjoy Houston!

Leslie Becker said...

Hey RJ...thanks for your kind words. The creative team would be thrilled to hear that I "rock rather hard" with the baby LOL. Actually, I appreciate you noticing because...in case you didn't know...in the story, I am the animal who raises Elphaba and that's why she is so loving toward animals. I'm thrilled to know that all of that is coming across. You've made my day!!! Thanks for loving Wicked!